Microsoft Excel is the most widely used software for business and personal projects, ranging from simple calculators and models to advanced dashboards and even enterprise level applications with advanced forms and procedures! But while Excel is rich in features and Easy to use, it lacks one major component. SECURITY.
Excel passwords were designed to prevent accidents & user-error, but can easily be retrieved with cheap password cracking software.
In my course, I show you how to turn your Excel workbooks into actual Windows Executable programs (EXE FILES) using my secret Excel weapon – XLSPadlock! This course includes a complete walkthrough of XLSPadlock along with little known Excel security techniques.
At the basic level, we’ll protect your Content from theft with unique formula protection techniques and then learn to convert your confidential VBA code into binary and store it in the executable, making it impossible to discover!
Then, we’ll learn about Licensing and Locking your Secure Application with:
- Activation keys
- USB/dongle protection
- Hardware locking (to a particular PC)
- Using a key generator to create trial versions of your software that expire after a number of
- days or
- specific expiration date
- and even create a nag screen each time the trial version opens!
You’ll learn Advanced Save Options (such as) whether users can use secure save files (that only work with a licensed copy of your EXE) OR to disable saving entirely!
You can control which Excel versions are allowed, and can build 32-bit, 64-bit or BOTH binary types into a single EXE!
I’ll teach you how to restrict native Excel features, like right-click options, copy/paste, removing excel ribbons, controlling add-ins allowed, disable Visual basic access a number of ways.
I’ll demonstrate all the EXE Customizations, including making a professional splash screen that pops INSTEAD of the ‘Excel loading’ dialogue, creating and implementing custom icons, and customizing EXE version, title, authorship and copyright info.
We’ll demo how to make a simple End User License Agreement that MUST be accepted before someone can use your app! Lastly, we’ll take you through adding a Code-Signing Certificate to show end-users your software is from a Trusted Verified Publisher.
I’m also including special code samples you can use to interact with the EXE to access hidden companion files, read version info or even interact with other Windows files or workbooks in a secure way.
You’ve got to protect your proprietary content!
Don’t distribute another Excel file without maintaining absolute control of who’s using it and how – Grab my course on Building Secure Excel Apps today!
Who this course is for:
- This Excel course is for anyone who wants to learn Excel security secrets and create real Windows Applications (EXEs) directly from Excel files. No prior programming knowledge is needed.
- This course is probably not for you if you’re looking to learn unrelated Excel VBA code as that is covered in other courses, specifically on the topic of programming. We will, however, make sure you know how to use any code we provide inside and out and many tricks to make your Excel projects into professional, polished and secured Apps.
- If you’re using Excel for Mac, you will have to virtualize Windows within Mac using programs like Parallels or Bootcamp, as XLSPadlock doesn’t have a Mac version.
- You should already have Microsoft Excel (preferably version 2007 and up).
- You’ll need a tool called XLSPadlock to unlock much of the Security potential and cool tricks, but we will cover this in lecture 3.
- If you want to use the Installation Maker program, you’ll need to get that but we cover this in detail in section 8.
- XLSPadlock is a Windows Application and the course is regarding making Windows Executables (EXE), so one would have to use Bootstrap, Parallels or some virtualization of Windows if using a Mac…
Last updated 7/2019
Excel To EXE, Make Secure Windows Applications From Excel.zip | Mirror [Size: 2.3 GB]
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)