SQL window functions —also known as windowing functions, OVER functions, or analytic functions — are tremendously useful. These functions make building complex aggregations much simpler. In this step-by-step course , I will lead you through SQL window functions. At its end, you’ll embrace this topic with ease and feel comfortable using window functions in SQL databases.
The most popular business problems can be solved with SQL . What is the revenue growth month over month and running total revenue? Can we trust the metric, or does the data have some accidental duplicates that affect it? What are the top N orders for every month? What is the repeat purchase behaviour? All these questions have to be translated from business language to programming language.
This course covers the syntax and semantics of SQL window functions. It shows how powerful they are, what the typical use cases are, and how to use ORDER BY and PARTITION BY to set up a frame for window functions. You’ll also learn the difference between ROWS and RANGE clauses.
Topics covered includes:
- Installing Oracle database
- Installing TOAD
- Installing SQL developer
- Connecting TOAD and SQL Developer to Oracle Database
- Anatomy of Analytic | Window functions
- Aggregate functions
- Analytic functions
- How windowing works
What Am I Going To Get from This SQL Window functions Course?
- You’ll discover how window functions can be used to:
- Compute running totals and running averages
- Build rankings
- Use DENSE RANK
- Find first and last values
- Use OVER clause
- Use Partition By clause
- Use Order By clause
- Use Windowing clause
You’ll also get a deeper understanding of SQL aggregate and analytic functions.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Beginning database analysts
- Developers who want to keep their knowledge of SQL current
- Students taking classes in relational databases
- Anyone who wants to learn SQL window functions
Who this course is for:
- Beginner data scientist
- Beginner data analyst
- Beginner DBA
- Anyone who wants to learn about SQL Window Functions
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Basic knowledge of relational databases
Last updated 4/2018
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)