Why Security Awareness?
Data breaches are on the rise and it’s getting more and more dangerous to function online. This is where a good security awareness program is important. Most importantly, we (the nerds) need YOU to help keep things secure.
That’s right. Security is more than an IT or Security department function and we haven’t been as good at communicating that to you in the past.
You may hear professionals claim how everyone is getting compromised over simple attacks that have been around for decades. It starts off as something that’s easy to prevent then launches into an intelligence war. “It’s easy to protect yourself,” some may claim. “All you need to do is be careful what you download, who you talk to, and what you allow to happen.” They give off the vibe that people don’t care.
If you boil everything down to its most basic essence, then maybe that could be true. If it’s so easy then why do we continue to get hammered with news of more breaches?
Unfortunately, even the best security awareness programs out there are missing one key part.
Making Security Awareness Better
This security awareness training course will not only give you the “what” to look out for, but also the “why” and how the “what” works. After taking this course you’ll be armed with knowledge on how to better protect yourself and your organization from threats.
Surprisingly, the biggest change will probably not be to start doing, but rather to stop doing. You’ll be surprised to how some of your behavior is super risky, even without you realize you were doing it.
And the best part is, I won’t twist your arm or shame you into changing. I sincerely want you to succeed so there’s no victim shaming here. I believe there’s a better way to change your behavior than vehemently shove security terms and nerd speak down your throat.
This Security Awareness Course IS:
- a security awareness course meaning it’s information and awareness based. We’re going to be looking at the “what,” the “why,” and some behaviors.
- essentially a computer and Internet safety training course.
- for anyone at work who has a security awareness training requirement.
- for home users who simply want to learn more about internet security and privacy.
This Security Awareness Course is NOT:
- a technical or operational security guide.
- a technically charged course with jargon that only your IT or Security department would understand.
Since this course is NOT technical, beginners ranging form your co-worker that barely knows how to turn a computer on to your Grandma that uses Facebook too much can take and understand this course. We’re simply looking at threats, attack vectors, and behaviors to help reduce the sting of attacks.
Join Me Today!
Thank you for your interest in this security awareness training course. It means a lot to me and all the other security professionals out there that you care about your online safety.
If you’re here because your company requires security awareness training and you’re thinking about choosing this course – awesome. Let me know if you have any questions. If you don’t have a security program in place, this course will help get you started.
To move forward, please click on the Buy Now button on the right side of the page to enroll in this course. I can’t wait to see you on the inside and I look forward to serving you. Thanks!
All the best,
I believe in continuous improvement in all my courses and products! Here’s the list of updates to this Beginner Security Awareness Training course since release:
- Added resource links from the course to lectures on 4/4/2019.
- Added the Security Awareness Training Course Slides (48 page PDF) resource to the new Security Awareness Training Course Resources lecture on 4/4/2019.
- Added a Security Awareness Training Course Companion (38 page PDF) resource to the new Security Awareness Training Course Resources lecture on 4/4/2019.
- Added 2 new lectures on 4/2/2019.
- Added U.S. English captions to all videos on 3/29/2019. The auto-generated captions were bad.
- Updated lecture descriptions and fixed a few wording issues on 3/7/2018.
- Updated quizzes to fix wording issues, spelling, grammar, and some blank answers on 2/21/2018.
- Added a short quiz at the end of every section on 1/15/2018. Have you been paying attention? 🙂
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn about security awareness and privacy online for personal development or to help protect their family.
- Employees who use a computer and the Internet to do their jobs.
- Those who want to learn more about protecting themselves against basic attacks such as phishing, social engineering, malicious websites, etc.
- Anyone who’s looking for a basic security awareness course.
- IT folks who need ideas on how to reach their users.
- Anyone who wants a peek into the state of information security.
- This course is NOT meant for people looking for advanced knowledge by way of technical guidance or operational security.
- Pick your favorite web browser and be willing to learn security awareness topics!
- Understand that this is a security awareness training course which means it involves the “what,” the “why,” and basic behavior tips.
Last updated 4/2019
Security Awareness Training, Internet Security for Employees.zip | Mirror [Size: 131.8 MB]
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)