Tableau 10: Data Visualization using Tableau – from beginners to intermediate users
This course is updated regularly to include new lectures, quizzes/practice activities
About the course
This course is your complete guide to mastering Data Visualisation using Tableau Desktop. In this course we cover all aspects of Tableau Desktop, starting from basic concepts like –
- Importing data in Tableau environment
- Dimensions, Measures, Parameters
- Calculated Fields and
- Products offered by Tableau.
- Connecting Tableau to different data sources like Excel, Text, SQL Server, Oracle database
- Tableau’s Interface – Menu bar, Worksheets in Tableau and Show me data options.
To creating visual and performing visual analytics:
- Creating charts (Bar Charts, Pie Charts, Crosstabs, Tree Map, Histograms)
- Table Calculations.
- How to apply Filters?
- Difference between Action Filters and Context Filters
- Sets and their use
- Sorting, Grouping and Forecasting
And finally creating dashboards and learning advanced analytics and charting concepts:
- How to create a Dashboard?
- Advanced table calculations
- Calculation Syntax and Level of Details
- Nested Level of Details
- Control Charts
- Bump Charts
There are 3 case studies included in the course which will help cement the concepts learnt through the videos. We will then utilise all our learning from the course in building our Final Dashboard which will give you enough confidence to land a high paying job in any of the major Data Analysis firm.
Why should you start learning Tableau NOW!
- Tableau jobs – Top companies are looking for tableau experts who can easily identify areas that needs attention, helps in identifying patterns.
- Soaring demand for Tableau professionals – In the field of data visualisation, demand for tableau skills is growing exponentially – significantly more than its competitors.
- Tableau Salary – The average salaries are on an upward trend with the recent average salaries go up to as high as $200,000
- Variety of Job roles to choose from like Tableau Consultant, Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer and Business Intelligence Manager
Tableau 10 is the best data visualization tool out there. It is highly sought after by Business Intelligence professionals and key decision makers due to its superior data handling and visualization capabilities. Visualizations in today’s world are widely used to discover patterns in data such as customer purchase behaviour, sales trends, or production bottlenecks.
By the year 2020, as the number of connected devices exceeds 50 billion, the world will generate 50 times more data. This data will be important to personal, and business decisions and can help many overcome distinct challenges. People that have the ability to understand and interpret this individual and business data will have a unique opportunity to capitalize on the world’s growing demand for data analysts. Why not get started learning how to use Tableau now instead of a few years from now?
Data visualization is essential in identifying patterns for predictive analytics in a variety of individual and business applications. Through powerful platforms like Tableau, you’ll be able to identify consumer behaviours and better understand the factors that influence their decisions.
We invite you to learn how to use Tableau with our easy-to-follow video tutorials and lessons. This course was designed for everyone from beginner to advanced users.
Whether you’ve never used the program before or if you want to learn a few new tips and tricks, by the end of this course, you’ll be a Tableau master! Throughout the course, we’ll teach you everything that you need to learn to be a Tableau master, making you a valuable asset to any company.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for the learners who have never used Tableau before.
- University students, entrepreneurs, business intelligence professionals
- Individuals looking a way to build high quality professional dashboards and visualizations
- No prior technical or analytical background is required.
- PC with Tableau 10 (trial version) installed
- No prior knowledge of Tableau is required; this course is designed for absolute beginners.
Last updated 9/2018
Download Torrent (Please seed after downloading)